Monday, June 15, 2009

Last soccer game & low flying airplanes


The girls had their last soccer game of the season this weekend and I had my last assistant coaching gig of the season...Well, actually I had a killer migraine so I sat on the sidelines wearing dark sunglasses while Chefdaddy Garry ran on the field with the kids. I can't even put into words how grateful I am to him for always being there to help & doing so much for us (well, that is when he's home...but seriously, when he's home, he's truly present & I can't ask for more than that).

Sofia scored a couple goals . . . (Ava has in the past, too, but this game she was a little out of it . . . but said she had fun - she was just sleepy)


Ava did do an awesome job getting the ball away from the other team several times!



The field is just south of the airport so we constantly get noise from low-flying airplanes.



They fly crazy low, but it's cool to see them that close. I hope that we haven't been affected (effected? I sometimes get that wrong...I know to affect is a verb and the effect is what happens, but when the tense changes I'm confused...okay, moving on....) by any jet fuel or other pollution...

No comments: