Thursday, May 28, 2009

Out of the mouths . . .

-----
Yesterday, Sofia called me a young lady.

Ava: Mommy can't be a young lady.

Sofia: Why?

Ava: Because mommy isn't young.

Mommy: What do you mean, Ava?

Ava: Well, you're not young. Your halfway old.

Mommy: Halfway old?

Ava: Yes, Nonni [Grandma] is old & you're halfway old.

Mommy: Oh, I see. Thank you, Ava.

~~ giggles & laughter ~~
------
Last night I was sitting next to Sofia & Ava reading stories before bedtime.

Sofia: Mommy, you smell like one of Daddy's toots.

Mommy: Well, I know his toots don't smell like roses, so does that mean I smell bad?

Sofia: Yes.

Mommy: Thank you for being so honest, Sofia.

~~ giggles & laughter ~~
-----
These are the moments it's really fun to be a mommy of 5 year olds. The giggles and laughter make listening to all the whining well, well, worth it.

No comments: