Monday, May 4, 2009

Sowing the seeds of love...

We did it. We planted seeds for the first time ever. Truly, I have never planted a garden before. No, really. I never have. Yes, I'm in my 30s. No, I've never planted seeds. Call the garden police.
These are the vegetables the girls & I decided to plant (& one flower chosen by Sofia):




These are the vegetables the girls will eat:


---0---


Ergo, I will probably be eating all the veggies by myself (due to Chef Garry's maddening schedule since they are taking his sous chef away (I know, WTF budget cuts suck and this better not last too long because he certainly won't if this does) . . . On the up side, I should be pretty healthy in body by summer's end . . . in mind, I'm not so sure!


I think we were a little nutty with the choices we made . . . The girls chose the veggies based on the look of them. They usually don't eat any of those & to be honest, I'm not a big fan of green beans myself. I'm hoping they will decide to eat them when they pick the veggies out of the dirt themselves.







So it was fun to plant them in those cute little pods . . . But this brings me to the problem I didn't think of before we planted in these sprout houses . . . I'm going to have to transplant them & we don't have a garden! We have a little flower spot from the previous owners (they had planted bulbs so every year we have some lovely flowers come up), but there's no room for cucumbers & such (and we had a slight fungus problem last year).



Has anyone ever seen anything like that before?

Anyway, so we added the water, planted the seeds . . .




And we already have sprouts . . .



So . . . I better come up with a transplanting plan soon . . .

No comments: