Monday, August 11, 2008

Not much activity lately

This post won't have many pictures because we've had a quiet couple of weeks just rock painting, reading, drawing, playing with play-doh & board games and playing in the yard, but we haven't wandered very far from home lately. I started coughing over 3 weeks ago but I thought it was just some little thing that would go away. I ignored it and I really tried to make it go away without seeing a doctor - I even gave up dairy & wheat/white flour because I heard that dairy's not good when you have a cold & wheat flour isn't necessarily good for my blood type...I don't think it's helping with my sickness, but I have lost 8 pounds!


I finally went to see the doctor & she thinks I have some random lung infection so I'm on antibiotics & Prednisone...Prednisone, which my beautiful boxer, Bella, is on for a platelet problem...It makes Bella ravenous - so hungry that she will lick grated Parmesan cheese or any miniscule crumb that falls on the floor until there is not a trace of whatever fell. I was afraid I was going to be down on the floor competing with her to lick all the crumbs up, but I haven't gotten there...yet.


I'm extremely grateful that Ava & Sofia (and of course the Chef) have not caught whatever it is that I have. It's been really hard getting throught this b/c Chef Garry has been working in Boston for 3 weeks & he still has 3 to go. He's rarely home & when he is he's pretty exhausted. But we're all troopers and we are getting through it & I think I'm getting better...My mother has been extremely helpful and has come a couple times to play with the girls and help me out. I am also very grateful to have her help. Thanks, Mom.


But how can I possibly post without at least one picture of Ava & Sofia?! Here's a picnic they had with their elephants.



And just for fun, here's a video of them jumping off the diving board in July with only 2 tubes each! I wish I could bottle up some of this joy & fun to save for a rainy day...


No comments: