Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Of pumpkins . . . and squirrels.

Ava & Sofia had so much fun scooping the guts out of their pumpkins this past weekend.


I grabbed the camera & got some pictures of them scooping. After they scooped they drew pictures of how they wanted their pumpkin faces carved.

Then it was my turn & I carved out the faces they had drawn...Well, in a perfect world I carved out the faces they had drawn. In our world I tried really hard to follow their lines & the pumpkins came out looking like jack o'lanterns so the girls were happy.

By then it was snack time so we brought the pumpkins inside so Daddy could see them that night when he got home. I totally forgot to take pictures. I lived to regret that memory lapse because a few days later I had to put them outside on the deck.

I had no idea what bold & pesky *#%! squirrels we have. He knocked Ava's right off the railing & went to town. He wouldn't even leave it when I was less than 3 feet away from him!! I had to make that ridiculous "scat" noise to get him to run away! And then he went into his tree & stared me down as I cleaned it up.


Ava & Sofia thought it was hilarious so luckily we didn't have any tears. They decided that the squirrel who ate Ava's pumpkin was just like those mean squirrels in Miss Suzy who kicked the nice squirrel named Miss Suzy out of her beautiful treehouse & trashed her place. For those of you who have never read Miss Suzy, she ends up befriending some brave toy soldiers & they all go back & kick those mean squirrels out of Miss Suzy's house & she lives happily ever after back in her beautiful treehouse. The end.

No comments: