Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What a difference a month makes!

It's official. Ava now loves the beach as much as Sofia! She did start out wearing those beach shoes, but then she wanted to take them off like Sofia :o) Unfortunately this was the one & only time in August that we've gone to the beach, but I might try again this weekend if it's not too chilly.

They liked bringing water back to add to the moat that I built around our sandcastles. They actually liked acting like monsters & destroying the sandcastles even more than that, though!

We've been having a great summer walking Bella to the "beach" at the end of our street (the unnamed beach with the rusty pipe that we do not swim at!), reading at the library, playing every and any type of game - already established or made up by my very creative and imaginative girls - and baking banana bread and cookies.

1 comment:

Hilary Battes said...

PSA-Your Ava and Sophia are gorgeous! (I've always wanted twins, too and my mom and aunt are twins-so if the genes all line up right...Thank you very much for your comment on my last post. You said I'm in your head, but you're in mine! My chef loves Chinese on his days off too! And I am so glad that a fellow chefwife can understand that their days off are VITAL to keep the relationship stable and content. I thought your comment was so perfectly stated and I might even post some of it. It makes me so happy to meet other chefswives; I feel validated and understood. I would love to hear more about you and your chef and his specific line of work-email me anytime.
desperatechefswives@gmail.com